fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'CORE_RL_magick_

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
jlanz
Authentication code: 8675308

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'CORE_RL_magick_

Post by jlanz »

I am getting the following error when I try to build a release with VS2009.

Error 98 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'CORE_RL_magick_.lib' UTIL_exceptions UTIL_exceptions

What I would really like to be able to do is incorporate an installation of ImageMagick into an installation for another project we are doing. But I don't want any user interactions required. Do you have a command line install option?
Bob-O-Rama

Re: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'CORE_RL_mag

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

You need to go into the projects linker settings and add the path to the ImageMagick .lib files ( provided via the pre-built binary distribution of ImageMagick for Windows when you choose to install the developer files during the install, or when you build ImageMagick from source ) typically in ImageMagick...\VisualMagick\lib folder e.g. C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16\VisualMagick\lib Ensure your header files are coming from the same version ( i.e. base folder ) of ImageMagick as your .lib files.

Once built, your .exe will only need the end user to install the pre-built binary distribution for that version of IM.

-- Bob