Color engine in ImageMagick

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
patrikcar
Authentication code: 8675308

Color engine in ImageMagick

Post by patrikcar »

I'm wondering if there is a way to specify what color engine ImageMagick should use?
As you might now there are a few out there, open source, ColorSync, Adobe, Microsoft etc.

When using ImageMagick to convert RGB images to CMYK we don't get the desired results.
We are using the -profile commands to specify input (RGB) and output (CMYK) profiles but the actual conversion of color space is not acceptable at this moment.
If possible we would to get the same results from ImageMagick as you get from Photoshop, any idea if that is possible?
We are of course using the same profiles as Photoshop is using, but we are getting a result that is not to our satisfaction.

Please let me know if there is a solution to this.

Thanks in advance,

Patrik Berzander
magick
Site Admin

Re: Color engine in ImageMagick

Post by magick »

We use Little CMS. To get proper color conversion, use a color separated profile with the -profile option.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Color engine in ImageMagick

Post by anthony »

What sort of RGB? linear RGB, sRGB, gamma RGB?

Can you provide some input and expected output images?
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/