Issues in installing PerlMagick on win7 64bit AMD laptop..

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
vnpraveen
Authentication code: 8675308

Issues in installing PerlMagick on win7 64bit AMD laptop..

Post by vnpraveen »

Hello All,

I am trying to install perlmagick on windows and i am unable to proceed further.

Currently i have done the following:

1. Make for windows is installed from the URL: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm
2. ImageMagicK is successfully installed Version information is: ImageMagick-6.7.3-10-Q16-windows-x64-dll.exe downloaded from the site : http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php
3. Downloaded perlmagick PerlMagick-6.72 it was real pain to get this file but even then i missed the URL from where i downloaded :(.

Current state:
1. I am able to install imagemagick successfully.
2. After which i attempted to nmake the build and it says: "Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lCORE_DB_magick_.lib"

Now can anyone of you experts please guide me on this how to proceed further. I am basically a test engineer and i have very less or minimal knowledge of any of the programming languages. This is my first approach in performing automation of deleting few pixels from the images so that the tesseractocr.exe extract only strings other then considering any small images as characters. I am bacially performing this to automate localization for 30 different localization languages. I beg few minutes of your valuable time here to help me out to proceed further. Thanks in advance for spending time to understand my requirement. To be frank with you i spent last 7 days in installing this perlmagick and finally no output please help me !.

I strongly belive its very simple job and due to my less knowledge i am unable to proceed please help me..

Thanks,
Praveen.V.N
magick
Site Admin

Re: Issues in installing PerlMagick on win7 64bit AMD laptop

Post by magick »

When you install the ImageMagick Windows binary, the installer includes a screen with several install options. Check the one that discusses PerlMagick. Done. That is, the installer will install PerlMagick for you and its ready to accept your PerlMagick scripts.
vnpraveen

Post by vnpraveen »

Hello Site Admin,

Thank you so much for your replay.
I uninstall the installed product and reinstalled the product by selecting all the options which includes PerlMagic installation. After completing the installation a window of installation set up suggest to test the installation of ImageMagicK. I used CMD to run the commands and i get the following error poping up... :(

IMDisplay MFC Application has stopped working
1. Close the program
2. Debug the program

Also i did execute the sample program provided in the site to check the basic working of PerlMagic API with ImageMagick, where it’s not able to load the required library file from the C:\PXPerl\lib i have the following error message for your reference and to help me what action to be taken...

C:\perl_program>perl Edit_Image.pl
Can't locate loadable object for module Image::Magick in @INC (@INC contains: C:/PXPerl/lib C:/PXPerl/site/lib .) at Edit_Image.pl line 1
Compilation failed in require at Edit_Image.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Edit_Image.pl line 1.
Edit_Image.pl ----- code is as bellow:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

use Image::Magick;
$q = Image::Magick->new;
$x = $q->Read("model.gif", "logo.gif", "rose.gif");
warn "$x" if $x;
$x = $q->Crop(geom=>'100x100+100+100');
 warn "$x" if $x;
$x = $q->Write("x.gif");
warn "$x" if $x;	
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for sparing your time in helping me.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen.V.N
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

PerlMagick requires the latest release of ActiveState Perl. Do you have ActiveState Perl installed? If you want to use another Perl distribution, grab the ImageMagick Windows source distribution and unpack. Next type
  • cd ImageMagick-6.7.3-10/PerlMagick
    perl Makefile.nt
    nmake
    nmake install
vnpraveen

Post by vnpraveen »

Hi :) Good Morning,

I have requested for license version of active Perl with my company's software requirement team, they have sent an email to that this software will be available before 09-December-2011, 11:00 AM. As soon as i get i shall do a fresh installation of Win7 64 bit and follow ever step you mentioned. Thank you so much for your extended support to me till now. I hope i will be able to achieve the goal with your guidance. Thank you so much ... your time is very much valuable and i respect it the most.

I shall update you once i get the Active Perl package, i am sure that i need your help to successfully install and configure the product. Please allow me to get the required package. Please do not close this thread.

Thank you once again,

With Regards,
Praveen.V.N :-?