magick++ failed to read a gif image

Magick++ is an object-oriented C++ interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick++.
collinmsn
Authentication code: 8675308

magick++ failed to read a gif image

Post by collinmsn »

I have a gif image that can display well on windows and can be opened by other gif viewers, but magick++ failed to open it.
how can i attach the gif file for R&D to debug it?
magick
Site Admin

Re: magick++ failed to read a gif image

Post by magick »

Post a URL to your image so we can download and inspect it. There are numerous free services for uploading images (e.g. Google / Dropbox).
collinmsn
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by collinmsn »

follow the link to access it. http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/3dV3I
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Your GIF is corrupt. For example, gimp says "too much input data, ignoring extra". The gif2tiff program says "unknown GIF version number." The Gnome image viewer says "Could not load image." And of course ImageMagick says "corrupt image." We temporarily turned the "corrupt image" exception from an error to a warning and ImageMagick could display your GIF image. However, we won't do that for the public distributions. For security reasons, ImageMagick demands that all images meet the image format specification to avoid memory corruption and possible denial-of-service vulnerabilities. Some other utilities may not be concerned with security and will go ahead and process corrupt images.

If you can show that your GIF image is not corrupt and that the various utilities mentioned here are not interpreting your image properly, let us know and we will investigate further.