Possible to change target architecture?

Magick++ is an object-oriented C++ interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick++.
RogerWillCode
Authentication code: 8675308

Possible to change target architecture?

Post by RogerWillCode »

Added ImageMagic (Lib version 6.7.8-0) Magick++.h to XCode (v3.2.6) project in Mac OSX (10.6.8 - snow leopard).
Installed using mac ports and then checked the code into local svn and checked out to local directory.

Is it possible to change a config setting and rebuild even though I installed everything using mac ports?
When I tried to install from code, I can't get XCode to find the Magick++.h file, so I am in worse shape than what I am now.

The reason I am asking about changing target architecture is because I saw on another thread about changing it to a universal setting.
Using mac ports, it defaults to my local architecture and my project is targeting multiple mac machines (x86_64, i386 and ppc) and I am getting missing symbol linker errors as a result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.
RogerWillCode

Re: Possible to change target architecture?

Post by RogerWillCode »

If anyone has spent much time thinking about this, I apologize. I admit I am not an admin type person, only a programmer :lol:
I figured out that if I read the manual for macports, I found the answer to my issue.
For those who are curious, I ran "port install ImageMagick ++universal" ... which is to say I ran the universal variant. It still doesn't solve the issue for the ppc architecture, but at least now it works for x86_64 and i386.
RogerWillCode

Re: Possible to change target architecture?

Post by RogerWillCode »

Does anyone know what version of the libraries I need to install to get a compile working on a mac for ppc architecture?
This is a pretty big project and time sensitive, so any help would be greatly appreciated.