exception: Convert tiled tif to pyramidal tiled tif

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
jumpfunky

exception: Convert tiled tif to pyramidal tiled tif

Post by jumpfunky »

Hello,

i'm using ImageMagick 6.5.2.7. I have tried to convert a tiled tiff to ja pyramidal tiled tiff. I'am using this command

Code: Select all

convert -debug all Lebergimp.tif -define tiff:tile-geometry=256x256 'ptif:Leber_pyramid.tif'
and get an exception:
2009-05-22T11:14:49+02:00 0:05 2.906u 6.5.2 Exception convert[1328]: module.c/Ge
tMagickModulePath/667/Exception
unable to open module file `C:\Programme\ImageMagick-6.5.2-Q16\modules\coders\
IM_MOD_RL_TIF'_.dll': No such file or directory
A bug?

Regards,
jump!
magick
Site Admin

Re: exception: Convert tiled tif to pyramidal tiled tif

Post by magick »

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce the problem under Windows or Linux. Type
  • identify -list format
Is support for TIFF included? Is the mode rw+?
jumpfunky

Post by jumpfunky »

Hi,

identify -list format
returns:
PTIF* TIFF rw+ Pyramid encoded TIFF
TIFF* TIFF rw+ Tagged Image File Format (LIBTIFF, Version 3.9.0beta)
ozbigben
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by ozbigben »

I know this is old, but I was getting the same error so for completeness I thought I'd post an answer. The single quotes in the middle of the dll's filename in the error message looked odd so I guessed it was another of those Windows/DOS quirks. Removing the quotes from the output declaration works. ie. in this example:

convert -debug all Lebergimp.tif -define tiff:tile-geometry=256x256 ptif:Leber_pyramid.tif
pipitas
Authentication code: 15

Post by pipitas »

ozbigben wrote:I know this is old, but I was getting the same error so for completeness I thought I'd post an answer. The single quotes in the middle of the dll's filename in the error message looked odd so I guessed it was another of those Windows/DOS quirks. Removing the quotes from the output declaration works. ie. in this example:

convert -debug all Lebergimp.tif -define tiff:tile-geometry=256x256 ptif:Leber_pyramid.tif
Good catch! :-)
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

I am no expert on windows, but I think windows needs to have double quotes rather than single quotes when needed
ozbigben
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by ozbigben »

fmw42 wrote:I am no expert on windows, but I think windows needs to have double quotes rather than single quotes when needed
It doesn't seem to need quotes at all in this instance. I'm converting images for use with IIP Image server (http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/documentation/images/) and am using the following successfully for drag and drop conversion.

convert %1 -define tiff:tile-geometry=256x256 -compress jpeg ptif:"%~dpn1_pyr.tif"
Which outputs as:

convert C:\temp\test.tif -define tiff:tile-geometr y=256x256 -compress jpeg ptif:"C:\temp\test_pyr.tif"
The double quotes around the output filename are just for idiot-proofing as I normally avoid spaces in directories and filenames for image processing.