PythonMagick compile fails on Centos6

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
daguerre
Authentication code: 67789

PythonMagick compile fails on Centos6

Post by daguerre »

So I'm trying to make PythonMagick-0.9.7 on Centos 6.3, with the distro python 2.6.6 and boost 1.41. The configure completes without error and make chugs away for a while but then fails with:
_Image.cpp: In function 'void Export_pyste_src_Image()':
_Image.cpp:89: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
_Image.cpp:90: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
<snip>
_Image.cpp:344: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
_Image.cpp:345: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
_Image.cpp:346: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
make[1]: *** [libpymagick_la-_Image.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/PythonMagick-0.9.7/pythonmagick_src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Googling around, I found someone getting this error with PythonMagick 0.9.5, and his solution was to overwrite in some files from the 0.9.3 tarball, but I'm at version 0.9.7, and I saw on this forum user "magick" saying that 0.9.7 had compiled under python 2.6 successfully.
Any ideas?
Here is line 90 of _Image.cpp that contains one of the errors:
.def("channelDepth", (size_t (Magick::Image::*)(const MagickCore::ChannelType) )&Magick::Image::channelDepth)

Thanks for any help!
rljosh
Authentication code: 6789

Re: PythonMagick compile fails on Centos6

Post by rljosh »

Has anyone resolved this issue? I'm facing the exact same error.
magick
Site Admin

Re: PythonMagick compile fails on Centos6

Post by magick »

We built PythonMagick 0.9.9 with ImageMagick 6.8.8-7, the latest releases of both packages, under CentOS 6.5 and it compiled and install without complaint.