Using librsvg

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
tsdineen

Using librsvg

Post by tsdineen »

I am in need of adding librsvg to IM in order to handle svg format better, and for the most part this is working. I do run into a SegFault with display on exit. I haven't debug this thoroughly, but it appears to be coming from IM.

Has anyone tried this so I can get to the bottom of the problem?

Thanks,
magick
Site Admin

Re: Using librsvg

Post by magick »

We have seen the seg-fault as well but its not coming from ImageMagick. Librsvg depends on many delegate libraries and one or more of them is corrupting the stack as they exit. We have not yet identified which library is the culprit. Since the problem occurs only when ImageMagick is exiting, your command should be producing the expected results. In the mean-time a work around is to build ImageMagick without module support (--without-modules). We believe the problem only occurs when dynamic modules are being unloaded.
tsdineen

Re: Using librsvg

Post by tsdineen »

Rebuilding with --without-modules got me around the problem. Chances are one called lib is being unloaded before the parent can finish it's calls to the the lib. Very tricky when you have an app that uses a lib that uses a lib. In this case there are two more layers of libs being used.