Uninstalling

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
jeremyp

Uninstalling

Post by jeremyp »

Hello,

I have a broken ImageMagick install on a Mac. I'm wanting to either use the new binary or MacPort version. But I am trying to figure out how to uninstall all of the existing installation. I built it previously but no longer have access to the original makefile in order to make uninstall. Any recommendations?
rmagick

Re: Uninstalling

Post by rmagick »

Download and unroll the ImageMagick tarball. Change to the ImageMagick-6.5.4-3 (or whatever the version is) directory and run the configure script using the same options you used when you installed it. Then run

Code: Select all

sudo make uninstall
jeremyp

Post by jeremyp »

Thanks fellow rubyist :D
rmagick

Post by rmagick »

You're welcome!
TechnoPhil
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by TechnoPhil »

Hi there,
i can't uninstall ImageMagick on my mac os 10.6.4
The command sudo make uninstall doesn't work!

I'm not too able to use the terminal.

I want to reinstall ImageMagick and ufraw but this error appears:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Applications/MacPorts/Python 2.6/Build Applet.app/Contents/Info.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port python26. Use 'port -f activate python26' to force the activation.
Log for python26 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_python26/main.log
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gimp2 gegl babl librsvg cairo xrender xorg-libX11 xorg-libxcb python26 xorg-libpthread-stubs xorg-xcb-proto libxml2 xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-renderproto glib2 dbus gtk2 atk gtk-doc docbook-xml docbook-xml-4.1.2 xmlcatmgr docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 docbook-xml-5.0 docbook-xsl gnome-doc-utils intltool gnome-common p5-getopt-long p5-pathtools p5-scalar-list-utils p5-xml-parser iso-codes libxslt py26-libxml2 rarian getopt gdk-pixbuf2 jasper pango Xft2 shared-mime-info xorg-libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXext xorg-libXfixes xorg-fixesproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-libXdamage xorg-damageproto xorg-libXi xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto libart_lgpl libcroco libgsf gconf dbus-glib orbit2 libidl policykit eggdbus gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils popt gnome-mime-data libbonobo w3m boehmgc ffmpeg XviD dirac cppunit faac faad2 gmake lame libogg libsdl libtheora libvorbis libvpx yasm schroedinger orc speex texi2html x264 graphviz gd2 xpm xorg-libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice ghostscript urw-fonts xorg-libXaw groff xorg-libXmu libopenraw boost boost-jam libspiro lua openexr ilmbase gsed libexif libgnomeui libbonoboui libgnome esound audiofile libgnomecanvas libglade2 libgnome-keyring gnome-keyring libgcrypt libgpg-error libtasn1 libmng libwmf poppler openjpeg poppler-data py26-gtk py26-cairo py26-numpy atlas gcc44 gmp mpfr gzip texinfo lzmautils fftw-3 py26-nose py26-distribute py26-gobject libffi gtkimageview
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Thank you

Filippo
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

If you installed manually, then I beleive that you need to cd to the directory where you downloaded the source code.

then

sudo make uninstall

see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/advan ... .php#build

Also perhaps just use MacPorts to uninstall or just install a new version over the old one. See MacPorts instructions.
TechnoPhil

Post by TechnoPhil »

Ok, done!
It was required this commands:

sudo port install python_select
sudo python_select python26

After that i tried to convert CR2 files with:

mogrify -format JPG *.CR2

THe error is:

mogrify: delegate failed `"ufraw-batch" --silent --wb=camera --black-point=auto --exposure=auto --create-id=also --out-type=png --out-depth=16 "--output=%u.png" "%i"' @ error/delegate.c/InvokeDelegate/1061.
mogrify: unable to open image `/var/folders/va/vayYQlqJG1K3eiJ9NqBGqk+++TI/-Tmp-/magick-ctWAWz7z.ppm': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2572.
mogrify: delegate failed `"ufraw-batch" --silent --wb=camera --black-point=auto --exposure=auto --create-id=also --out-type=png --out-depth=16 "--output=%u.png" "%i"' @ error/delegate.c/InvokeDelegate/1061.
mogrify: unable to open image `/var/folders/va/vayYQlqJG1K3eiJ9NqBGqk+++TI/-Tmp-/magick-bEq935h2.ppm': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2572.
mogrify: unable to open image `/var/folders/va/vayYQlqJG1K3eiJ9NqBGqk+++TI/-Tmp-/magick-dCaLh6ng.ppm': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2572.
mogrify: unable to open image `/var/folders/va/vayYQlqJG1K3eiJ9NqBGqk+++TI/-Tmp-/magick-yw3Q3ykJ.ppm': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2572.
mogrify: unable to open image `/var/folders/va/vayYQlqJG1K3eiJ9NqBGqk+++TI/-Tmp-/magick-skz9CBFe.ppm': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2572.
I have ufraw installed because it is a part of gimp program!

What should i do?

Filippo
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

If ufraw is not in the same diretory as everything installed by MacPorts, IM will not know about it. Use MacPorts to download ufraw. You may have to reinstall IM afterwards. I am not sure.
TechnoPhil

Post by TechnoPhil »

I cannot install ufraw with "sudo port install ufraw", the error is:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port dbus. Use 'port -f activate dbus' to force the activation.
Log for dbus is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_dbus/main.log
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gimp2 gegl babl librsvg glib2 dbus gtk2 atk gtk-doc docbook-xml docbook-xml-4.1.2 xmlcatmgr docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 docbook-xml-5.0 docbook-xsl gnome-doc-utils intltool gnome-common p5-getopt-long p5-pathtools p5-scalar-list-utils p5-xml-parser iso-codes libxslt py26-libxml2 rarian getopt gdk-pixbuf2 jasper pango Xft2 shared-mime-info xorg-libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXfixes xorg-fixesproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-libXdamage xorg-damageproto xorg-libXi xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto libart_lgpl libcroco libgsf gconf dbus-glib orbit2 libidl policykit eggdbus gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils popt gnome-mime-data libbonobo w3m boehmgc graphviz gd2 xpm urw-fonts xorg-libXaw groff xorg-libXmu libopenraw boost boost-jam libspiro lua openexr ilmbase gsed libexif libgnomeui libbonoboui libgnome esound audiofile libgnomecanvas libglade2 libgnome-keyring gnome-keyring libgcrypt libgpg-error libtasn1 libmng libwmf poppler openjpeg poppler-data py26-gtk py26-cairo py26-numpy atlas gcc44 gmp mpfr gzip texinfo lzmautils fftw-3 py26-nose py26-distribute py26-gobject libffi gtkimageview
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

:shock: