Converting tif files with -type truecolor corrupts output.

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
RQuadling

Converting tif files with -type truecolor corrupts output.

Post by RQuadling »

Hi.

I have been trying to find a solution to Seemingly random negative images. and I think I've found a bug in the process.

Using a TIF file from our fax server (GFI FaxMaker). I add a banner to the top and bottom and output the file as a TIF file.

My initial problem was random negative images.

The testing I used played around with using different combinations of -type.

If the last type for the tif file (which is always a black/white 2 colour 1 bit monochrome tif file) is -type truecolor, then the resultant image is corrupt.

No thumbnail is displayed in Windows Explorer. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer doesn't display the image. Paint Shop Pro shows a very strange image. ImageMagick's imdisplay has a good go at showing the image, but only about a third the image is shown. The rest is black. The odd thing is that it is the left third that is shown.

No other parameters are required to see the problem.

Using normal_aaa.tif from http://ee-stuff.com/Problem20090930084506.rar like

Code: Select all

convert normal_aaa.tif -type truecolor normal_duff.tif
will show the problem.

Regards,

Richard Quadling.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Converting tif files with -type truecolor corrupts output.

Post by magick »

We can reproduce the problem you reported and will have a fix in ImageMagick 6.5.6-7 Beta within a day or two. Thanks.
RQuadling

Re: Converting tif files with -type truecolor corrupts output.

Post by RQuadling »

Thank you.