undefined reference to `_MagickWandGenesis'

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
rh4games

undefined reference to `_MagickWandGenesis'

Post by rh4games »

My apologies if this issue has already been addressed, but I can't find it in the forum archives.

I'm new to MagickWand ; I'm using cygwin and gcc ; all my program calls to Wand are failing with this error message ; the only posting I've found regarding this error recommends to do the following

$ cc `MagickWand-config --cflags --cppflags` -o wand "c:\cygwin\usr\include\www\source\wand.c" `MagickWand-config --ldflags --libs`

which I did and did not have any error message back.

I installed zlib successfully, but that did not solve my issue either.

Can someone please help me what is the next step to solve this issue?

Thanks

$ gcc New2.c
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x5f): undefined reference to `_MagickWandGenesis
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `_NewMagickWand'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `_MagickReadImage'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0xa2): undefined reference to `_MagickGetException'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0xe7): undefined reference to `_MagickRelinquishMemory'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x101): undefined reference to `_CloneMagickWand'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x10f): undefined reference to `_NewPixelIterator'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x11d): undefined reference to `_NewPixelIterator'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x141): undefined reference to `_MagickGetException'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x186): undefined reference to `_MagickRelinquishMemory'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x1b6): undefined reference to `_PixelGetNextIteratorRow'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x1ce): undefined reference to `_PixelGetNextIteratorRow'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x211): undefined reference to `_PixelGetMagickColor'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x346): undefined reference to `_PixelSetMagickColor'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x36a): undefined reference to `_PixelSyncIterator'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x379): undefined reference to `_MagickGetImageHeight'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x38d): undefined reference to `_MagickGetImageHeight'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x3a7): undefined reference to `_MagickGetException'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x3ec): undefined reference to `_MagickRelinquishMemory'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x406): undefined reference to `_DestroyPixelIterator'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x414): undefined reference to `_DestroyPixelIterator'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x422): undefined reference to `_DestroyMagickWand'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x44a): undefined reference to `_MagickWriteImages'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x468): undefined reference to `_MagickGetException'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x4ad): undefined reference to `_MagickRelinquishMemory'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x4c7): undefined reference to `_DestroyMagickWand'
/tmp/ccwGMPv8.o:New2.c:(.text+0x4cf): undefined reference to `_MagickWandTerminus'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status