montage list of images

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
teebe
Authentication code: 8675308

montage list of images

Post by teebe »

Hi, i have a large amount of files per folder to stripe on 8x6 pattern, unfortunately they are not all of same image type.
When used the *.<ext> as input image, montage of course scans the folder for each type in turn.
I.e., "*.jpg *.tif" will have the montage of all jpg first and then all tif.
I tried to use @<file> with a composed list of image files as i want in the montage, but it does not work, montage interprets the list file as image file, beneath the @. Surely there should be an option that tells montage the image file sequence from a list or folder, otherwise is not even sure how works the *.<ext> even for single extension type, i.e, the files are pick by name sorted or what?
I noticed that there is no montage option regarding the input images sequence, probably i am wrong, actually i would be...

Thanks
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: montage list of images

Post by anthony »

The '@file_list.txt' syntax works fine for me with montage. It should work for you too.
Make sure you version is at least version 6.5.2-1 which was when this was added (added this note to IM Examples, file handling, reading images). The filename containing the list should not contain the '@' sign.

Of course giving images as *.jpg *.tiff will order the images as jpg images first, tiff images second. That is what you requested!
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/