imagick can't find ghostscript in Windows

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
dan2
Authentication code: 67789

imagick can't find ghostscript in Windows

Post by dan2 »

I am having lots of trouble with the imagick plugin on my 32-bit Windows 2003 server. I did my development on a Linux machine where everything was simple and easy, but, unfortunately my target production machine is a Windows / IIS box.

ImageMagick itself works flawlessly from the command line.

And imagick works fine in PHP except when I go to read from a PDF. For whatever reason, it won't find ghostscript. I have my ghostscript bin folder in the path, and in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GPL Ghostscript\9.05\GS_DLL = C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.05\bin\gsdll32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GPL Ghostscript\9.05\GS_LIB = C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.05\bin;C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.05\lib;C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.05\fonts

From my understanding, the registry key is where imagick looks when it's searching for ghostscript.

Anyway, when I attempt to create a png thumbnail from a PDF file, I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ImagickException' with message 'Postscript delegate failed `uploads/Report A Yates 01H.pdf': No such file or directory @ error/pdf.c/ReadPDFImage/678'

I suppose I could rewrite all of my code to use exec() and use the command line tools, but I would rather not if I didn't have to.

Here are the versions of the relevant software:

Ghostscript 9.05
ImageMagick 6.7.8-6 2012-07-21 Q16
PHP 5.3.6 (installed via Windows Web Platform Installer)
imagick -- downloaded from here: valokuva dor org slash builds
Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)
IIS 6.0
tk1
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: imagick can't find ghostscript in Windows

Post by tk1 »

Hi dan2!

Are you aware of Imagick relative paths bug? (see bugs: #61583 and #59594).
Does IIS_USR and IIS_WAM have read and execute rights to the ImageMagick files?
Does IIS_USR and IIS_WAM have read and execute rights to the Ghostscript files?

When I installed GS and then ImageMagick then I was able process PDF files with no configuration.
cheers
tk1