Install Imagemagick in Windows 2008R2 VPS + Plesk 11.09

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
esoler
Authentication code: 67789

Install Imagemagick in Windows 2008R2 VPS + Plesk 11.09

Post by esoler »

Hello!

I need your help and I think should be interesting to have a protocol to make easy to the new guys to Imagemagick how to install it in one of the most common scenarios of hosting today.

We have to install (and make work) Imagemagick in a Virtuozzo VPS Container running Windows 2008R2 and Plesk 11.09 with PowerPack installed. The imagemagick is going to be used only by asp. and .net code, but if you want to explain how to activate it for php use, should be fine to future readers of this post.

The problem with the Plesk Systems is just that... Plesk. Plesk wants to control all, and every time you install anything outside Plesk.... your are playing with Fire.

So... could you help me document which files and the way to install this wonderful component (I mean imagemagick, not Plesk ;D) in a VPS in this modern days.

Thanks a lot for your support!! And long life to Imagemagick!!! :D
esoler
Authentication code: 67789

Re: Install Imagemagick in Windows 2008R2 VPS + Plesk 11.09

Post by esoler »

Nobody has intalled it with Plesk? :shock: :(