ImageMagick conversion working within JBOSS7

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
mrizzo99
Authentication code: 6789

ImageMagick conversion working within JBOSS7

Post by mrizzo99 »

I'm not sure whether anyone has experience in a similar setup and could provide any hints/assistance.

We are running an old library RTF_TO_XML to allow us to convert RTF documents to PDF documents within a web application. The RTF_TO_XML libraries under the covers uses ImageMagick to perform conversion of image files embedded in the RTF dynamically.

The setup all worked fine on Windows within JBOSS 7.2. However when recently moving this infrastructure to Redhat Linux the image conversion with ImagieMagick is not occurring. If I run the convert from the command line in Linux, to convert wmf files to png, it works fine. When these calls are made from the webapplication running in JBOSS the wmf files are not being converted. I am not seeing any errors in log files. We have also added the ImageMagick-devel package and added the shared libraries (.so) to the java.library.path for JBOSS. That had no impact.

Does anyone have any ideas we can try?

Thanks.