Deprecated methods in ImageMagick 6.7.3

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
harryspier
Authentication code: 13

Deprecated methods in ImageMagick 6.7.3

Post by harryspier »

I've just switched from using ImageMagick 6.7.3-Q16 on aWindows 32 bit computer under windows 7 to ImageMagick-6.8.7-Q16 on a Windows 64 bit computer under Windows 7. I'm interfacing to the ImageMagick MagickWand interface from a foreign function interface from a scripting language called Racket. This previously worked but now the foreign function interface is telling me that the deprecated functions I used to call are no longer in CORE_RL_wand_.dll. For example its telling me that "PixelIteratorGetException" is no longer in CORE_RL_wand_.dll.

In ImageMagick-6.8.7-Q16 are the deprecated functions still in CORE_RL_wand_.dll or are they no longer supported ?

Thanks,
Harry
magick
Site Admin

Re: Deprecated methods in ImageMagick 6.7.3

Post by magick »

The PixelIteratorGetException() method is part of the MagickWand API as a deprecated method. However, when we build a binary release of ImageMagick we did not enable deprecated methods. Hopefully we'll remember to enable deprecated for the next binary release within a week or so, in the mean-time you of course could build ImageMagick yourself from source and enable deprecated methods.