patches for libfpx to make it build on NetBSD

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
nros
Authentication code: 1151

patches for libfpx to make it build on NetBSD

Post by nros »

HI, I have been trying to build libfpx on NetBSD and made some patches to make it build.
One problem I came across was that NetBSD doesn't define __unix.
The build system defines _UNIX so I use that instead. Correct me if it is incorrectly used.
NetBSD does not have statfs but it has posix statvfs so the patches include fixes for this.
The library is not linked with c++ but with the c linker. Fix for this is included as well.
The automake manual mentions the method used.
The public header fpxlib.h includes the autoconfigurated config file. I think this should not be the case since it's definitions might conflict with
the config file used in packages that use libfpx. I can't see that any definitions in fpxlib-config.h is used in fpxlib.h.
The patches are available in the pkgsrc-wip repository. web interface to patches directory.

Regards,
Niclas
magick
Site Admin

Re: patches for libfpx to make it build on NetBSD

Post by magick »

Thanks for the patches. You will find them in libfpx-1.3.1-5 @ http://www.imagemagick.org/download/delegates/.
nros

Post by nros »

I have looked at libfpx-1.3.1-5 and most of the patches are applied except removal of the inclusion of fpxlib-config.h in fpxlib.h. Now it references the file but does not install it.
I have checked where __unix is used in other places in the source and replaced it with _UNIX for more correct operation.
Patches are available in the same location as before.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Thanks for the patches. You will find them in libfpx-1.3.1-6 @ http://www.imagemagick.org/download/delegates/.
nros

Post by nros »

Thanks a lot.