-draw image DstIn cropping problem

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Marcel71
Authentication code: 8675308

-draw image DstIn cropping problem

Post by Marcel71 »

Hi,

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 with IM version 7.0.10-9
I am having a problem using the -draw option combined with DstIn that the resulting image is not being cropped.

text_1.png:

example_image.png

When I run the following command I would expect only to get the DstIn area:

Code: Select all

magick example_image.png  -alpha set -draw "image DstIn 0,0 0,0 'text_1.png' " out1.png
Result:

When I run the next command I get the desired result:

magick example_image.png  -alpha set text_1.png -compose DstIn -composite out2.png
Result:

However, with the last command I can not position the mask like:

magick example_image.png  -alpha set -draw "image DstIn -100,-100 0,0 'text_1.png' " out3.png
Result:

Anybody know how to only have the resulting area where which the two images share?
It should be like:

Regards,
Marcel

fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: -draw image DstIn cropping problem

Post by fmw42 »

IM 6 transparency is handled a bit differently from IM 6. The main issue is that the two images need to be the same size.

This is one way to do what you want for an offset of 50,50. Get the dimensions of the large image. Then extent the smaller image to the same size with and offset. Note that in -extent, the offsets are the opposite polarity, so negative values, then save that result in an MPR: in-memory file and delete the parentheses processed version. Then use the MPR: image in the -draw with no offers.

magick example_image.png -set option:dims "%wx%h" \
\( text_1.png -background none -extent "%[dims]-50-50" -write mpr:text1 +delete \) \
-alpha set -draw "image DstIn 0,0 0,0 'mpr:text1' " out3.png