failed Install from source on Solaris 8

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

You could try
  • make -k -i install
We do not have access to Solaris 8 so we can be of no further help except to say we build ImageMagick under Solaris 10 for each release without any problems.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Try
  • cd ImageMagick-6.2.6
    ./configure --disable-shared
    make clean
    make
    make -k -i install
iban

Re: failed Install from source on Solaris 8

Post by iban »

I had the same problem trying to install ImageMagick from source on Solaris 10:

Code: Select all

/bin/bash ./libtool --silent --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -pthreads -no-undefined -version-info 4:0:1 -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -o ltdl/libltdl.la  ltdl/ltdl.lo -ldl
libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: `-version-info/-version-number' is ignored for convenience libraries
make: *** [ltdl/libltdl.la] Error 1
I don't know anything about how compiling works, but I don't understand why it was trying to doing anything with the file ltdl/libltdl.la since that file was not part of the source package I downloaded. What is ltdl, and could I somehow compile ImageMagick without it?

I tried the sunfreeware.com ImageMagick package, but it doesn't seem to include the FreeType delegate support, which is integral to what I want to use ImageMagick for (the FlowchartPlugin for TWiki).