newbie command line problem

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
erdan

newbie command line problem

Post by erdan »

I am having problems creating a photo annotation and doing many operations. Is this syntax or a software install compatibility issue...

System is a cpanel Linux server (VPS)
PHP ver 4.47
Imagemagick ? 5.5ish
I have root SSH access...

When I run

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/convert -quality 100 -antialias -resize x320 /home/mydomain/public_html/files/test.jpg /home/mydomain/public_html/files/test2.jpg
I get no errors

When I run the following I get an error

Code: Select all

root@vps [/home/mydomain/public_html/files]# /usr/bin/convert /home/mydomain/public_html/files/test.jpg  -fill yellow -pointsize 25 -draw 'text 10,10 "TEST" ' /home/mydomain/public_html/files/test2.jpg
sh: line 1: gs: command not found
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/tmp/magick-XXxKu8ud'.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/tmp/magick-XXxyDYLC'.
root@vps [/home/mydomain/public_html/files]# 
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: newbie command line problem

Post by anthony »

PHP will not show the error output form command unless you redirect the errors to the output display.

try adding 2>&1 into the PHP convert comand.

The command line run seems to indicate that ghostscript (used to convert postscript and PDF format images) is not available on the current 'PATH'. eithe rit is not installed, or it is installed in a unusual place like a application specific directory in /opt or /usr/local
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
erdan

Re: newbie command line problem

Post by erdan »

It is fixed... I was running an earlier version 6.2 of IM... and I had not recompiled IM after installing GS... So I am assuming recompiling, more than upgrading, fixed the issue.

thanks for your assistance