Re: Newbie seeking your helps

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
minhtran
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Newbie seeking your helps

Post by minhtran »

Good morning,
I am a newbie, and I would like to seek your helps and advises on how to improve the quality of a 1980's new article.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu2kcnlm2au5u ... 9.pdf?dl=0

I was trying ImageMagick ' re-scaling, noise removal, and increase dpi to 300 on the article but I got a very bad result when I run it through MS OneNote OCR. Only the big headline of the article were recognized and the rest of the body article were garbage.

I wonder if I should consider the following before using ImageMagick

- Should I re scan or re-digitize the article using a high end OCR Printer or scanner such as HP scanner or printer?

-Should I try first Microsoft OneNote OCR copy text from Image ?

Or should I use imageMagick on the article with the specific functions that I have not used or I may not have used in order to have a better scan result?

Many Thanks for all of your helps!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Re: Newbie seeking your helps

Post by fmw42 »

This seems to be a duplicate of you questions here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32854#p150522.

I do not think there is much more that can be done apart from re-scanning at a higher density/resolution. OCR does not do well with text that has too small a point size.