Magick++ in an ISAPI extension

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
jaslee
Authentication code: 8675308

Magick++ in an ISAPI extension

Post by jaslee »

Hi,
Has anyone tried using ImageMagick in an ISAPI extension DLL? I would like to develop some web server application which, when it gets 2 image requests, intercepts the call and does some graphics processing e.g. apply opacity and merge the 2 images to return 1 image.

I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express and I already got some DLL setup on my IIS to serve images using the following online resource :-
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/ISAPI/imageserver.aspx

The next part is trying to include Magic++ and do the image manipulation. Any example/experiences/advice would be much appreciated.

Jas
jaslee
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Magick++ in an ISAPI extension

Post by jaslee »

Replying to my own thread with my experience so far (as noone replied).

Doing many a search for the various compiler errors I got trying to include Magick++ into my working ISAPI project in VC++ 2008 Express Edition, I saw many a post by Magick admin to load the Button example and use that as template. This is analogous to the standard "have you switched in off and on again?" reply in an IT support department :)

These VC++ Express settings got my code to compile :-
1. Tools → Options… → Projects and Solutions → VC++ Directories → Show directories for
...for both "Include files" and "Library files" add a new entry to point to the "Magick++\lib" path of the ImageMagick installation.

2. Project → <ProjectName> Properties… → Configuration Properties → Linker → Input
...set Additional Dependencies = “CORE_RL_magick_.lib CORE_RL_Magick++_.lib X11.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib winmm.lib wsock32.lib”

Then I was able to compile and link with no errors ...now to try and do some image manipulation stuff... on we go..