Would you like a Windows GUI interface for IM

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
NicolasRobidoux
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Would you like a Windows GUI interface for IM

Post by NicolasRobidoux »

Blog post about adding ImageMagick operations to NIP2: http://libvips.blogspot.com/2011/04/nip ... agick.html.

Slides for the Libre Graphics Meeting 2011 presentation on this topic: http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/develop ... apr11b.pdf. (They don't make much sense without the soundtrack.)
NicolasRobidoux

Libre Graphics Meeting 2011 video of the Instant VIPSMagick presentation: http://river-valley.tv/instant-vipsmagick/.
NicolasRobidoux

There is a follow-up to the earlier blog entry about using NIP2 as a GUI for ImageMagick: http://libvips.blogspot.com/2011/06/usi ... -nip2.html.
Kembreg
Authentication code: 6789

Post by Kembreg »

The last post for this was 4 years ago. In the meantime, is there a Windows front-end available for Imagemagick?

David
Alan Hadley

Post by Alan Hadley »

I have a more or less working program which includes most IM functionality. But since starting the project I have decided to expand it somewhat. I have changed from Windows to Qt, I am developing it on Windows so it will run there but Qt programs can be recompiled for other OSs as well such as Apple.

I have also decided to link the program to two other Public Domain Libraries, Open CV and the VTK, and also to the ray tracer POV. The finished program will have more than 1000 different Image Processing functions ranging from those in IM to live video capture and processing to simulations and visualizations. You will be able to pass images and other data back and forth between all of the different parts of the program.

It is not a traditional menu driven program, you build a solution from items selected in menus then set parameters then run the list of instructions you have created. A bit like programming but with a lot more visual aids and interaction in the process.

Of course if, for instance, you just want to alter the brightness of a loaded image it only takes one of these functions but whilst setting the amount to alter the brightness by you get a preview. Then you run the function to make the change permanent. This has the advantage that you can save and reload the function which is already set up, and it can be applied to as many images as you like. With just a few more instructions you could process all of the images in a folder automatically.

The project will take quite a while to complete, the function count is at about 600 now, I have a Maths and String parser working, tables and a text editor.

I am using Image Magic version 7 and hope to have something ready for testing when this is released.

There are no instructions yet but if you are interested I could zip my current version, with no guarantees that it will work, and let you have a copy to preview, along with some pointers that may help get you going with it. It is about 10 MB when zipped and 194 MB when unzipped, over 900 files, mostly *.dll's.

Alan Hadley
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

NIP2 has an interface to most IM functions.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com