Imagick Module is not appearing in XAMPP

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
redhwan
Authentication code: 6789

Imagick Module is not appearing in XAMPP

Post by redhwan »

I'm trying to install Imagick on my XAMPP server, but am having some problems.

I installed `php55`, `ImageMagick` and `php55-imagick` via Homebrew, and restarted my XAMPP server. I assumed that XAMPP server would automatically pick up on the Imagick extension, but I was wrong.

Here's what I've tried:

- Modifying php.ini in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/php.ini to include extension="/usr/local/Cellar/php55/5.5.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/imagick.so"

- Modifying php.ini in /usr/local/etc/php/5.5/php.ini to include extension="/usr/local/Cellar/php55/5.5.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/imagick.so"

- Restarted XAMPP several times

I also created a test.php to see if the extension was loaded but was returned with an error.

Code: Select all

<?php

if(extension_loaded('imagick')) {
    echo 'Imagick Loaded';
    } else {
    echo 'error';
    }
    ?>
My XAMPP server is running PHP 5.5.6, but executing `php -i` from bash returned:

PHP 5.4.17 (cli) (built: Aug 25 2013 02:03:38)
I suspect there may be some conflicts with the PHP versioning... Would appreciate your help in setting this up!

Update 1: Not sure if I need to say this, I've to use PHP 5.5.6.

Update 2: Ran ./php -i | grep imagick at /Applications/XAMPP/bin. Output returned:

imagick
    imagick module => enabled
    imagick module version => 3.1.2
    imagick classes => Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIterator
    imagick.locale_fix => 0 => 0
    imagick.progress_monitor => 0 => 0
Imagick is enabled, but my test.php still returns an error and does not show in `phpinfo()`

Cross-posted to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2177 ... k-via-brew