batch change eps to jpg

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
RCinSTP
Authentication code: 6789

batch change eps to jpg

Post by RCinSTP »

I am using imagemagick with Windows 7. I just unzipped the download and put all the ImageMagick files in a folder. I have a folder with about 20 *.eps files. I would like to change all the eps files to jpg format. I have tried every syntax in all the examples but I can't get it to work. Does anybody know the correct syntax. I think I need to specify the path, etc., but the -path switch does not seem to work.
For example, assuming the ImageMagick files are in: c:\data\IM\
and the .eps files are in folder: c:\data\test\
from the windows dos command line, c:\data\IM\mogrify -format jpg c:\data\test\*.eps
glennrp

Re: batch change eps to jpg

Post by glennrp »

Did you try changing to the c:\data\test directory and then running

Code: Select all

c:\data\IM\mogrify -format jpg *.eps
Not sure why anyone would want to change eps to jpg though, unless they like the artistic effect of the artifacts.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

Does IM work at all? Does "convert logo: g.png" work? If not, reinstall IM.
I just unzipped the download and put all the ImageMagick files in a folder.
Which download did you get? Most Windows downloads are .exe files that need to be run, not unzipped. The "portable" version is a zip file, but I don't know how that works.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
RCinSTP
Authentication code: 6789

Post by RCinSTP »

I think it is something with my installation of Imagemagick, I am going to delete/uninstall and get the correct Windows 64 version and install IM properly and I'm sure it will work then.