Building ImageMagick with *latest* openexr libs on CentOS 6

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
egalitarian
Authentication code: 1151

Building ImageMagick with *latest* openexr libs on CentOS 6

Post by egalitarian »

I'm trying to build ImageMagick from source with latest openexr libs on CentOS 6.
The latest available version from yum is OpenEXR-devel.x86_64 1.6.1-8.1.el6 so I've downloaded and built ilmbase 2.2.0 and openexr 2.2.0. My problem is that the ImageMagick build script can't locate the 2.2.0 lib versions.

This is what I do:

Code: Select all

TARGET_DIR=*my target dir*

# building ilbmase
./configure --prefix=$TARGET_DIR
make -j 4 && make install

# building openexr
./configure --prefix=$TARGET_DIR --with-ilmbase-prefix=$TARGET_DIR --disable-ilmbasetest
make -j 4 && make install

OPENEXR_LIBS="$TARGET_DIR"  ./configure --prefix=$TARGET_DIR --enable-zero-configuration \
	--disable-shared --enable-delegate-build --enable-hdri=yes --with-xml=yes --with-gslib=yes \
	--with-gs-font-dir=gsfonts --without-perl --without-magick-plus-plus --without-x
But then configure reports:

Code: Select all

OpenEXR           --with-openexr=yes		no
if I install openexr-devel it finds openexr libs but they are the older 1.6 version. I have all needed other delegates. The problem is only with openexr.

Any help with this issue?
Thanks
egalitarian
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Building ImageMagick with *latest* openexr libs on CentOS 6

Post by egalitarian »

The problem was that I had to manually set PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$TARGET_DIR/lib/pkgconfig. It's working now.