Conversion from RGB to CMYK issue?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
MartinJack52
Authentication code: 1152

Conversion from RGB to CMYK issue?

Post by MartinJack52 »

Hi everyone,

I created a barcode in RGB (with transparency) with a library in Objective-C. Then I convert it to CMYK colorspace using ImageMagick.

The converted graphic shows transparency when putting it in Photoshop, but not in InDesign.. the RGB one shows transparency correctly in InDesign.

It has the alpha channel. If I open it in Photoshop, save it FROM photoshop to TIFF and import in InDesign, then the transparency appears.

Am I doing something wrong with the conversion as saving it from Photoshop shows the transparency but not directly from ImageMagick?

I use:
convert /path/to/RGB_GRAPHIC.tiff -profile /path/to/cmyk_profile.icc /path/to/CMYK_GRAPHIC.tiff
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Conversion from RGB to CMYK issue?

Post by fmw42 »

What version of ImageMagick and platform are you using? Please always provide that. Sorry I do not know anything about InDesign.