Timelapse, automated editing?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
frodrick
Authentication code: 1152

Timelapse, automated editing?

Post by frodrick »

Hello, been looking like a madman to solve this, i have 2 kids, i take photographs every saturday of face and full body, and now i have close to 900 images to do the following.
rotate, zoom and allign all images so eye are on the same spot.
So this is an example i borrowing to show the one way i found how to do this very time consuming thing.
https://youtu.be/FGXGHYonfGM?t=1m47s
Is there a way to aumtomate this with like 2d tracking or some other batch tool?
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Timelapse, automated editing?

Post by snibgo »

"-distort Affine" will scale, rotate and translate one image so that two control points on that image align with two control points on the other image.

If your photos are as described on the video, I would SRT each image to align with the previous. If the pose and lighting are similar, this is fairly easy if we know the bounding rectangle of each eye in the previous image. We crop to those and search for them in local areas of the new image. The centres of the rectangles are our control points, and we have the new bounding rectangles for the following day.

I expect people have done this before, and they may have published scripts.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Timelapse, automated editing?

Post by fmw42 »

This forum is for PAID consulting, which you did not mention. So I am moving it to the Users forum.