automate process of pictures saved in folder are automatically reduced in resolution and saved in a different folder.

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
ShutechIT
Authentication code: 1152

automate process of pictures saved in folder are automatically reduced in resolution and saved in a different folder.

Post by ShutechIT »

Business needs to take pictures and add them to a database. Need to resize and reduce quality to save disk space. Want this to happen automaticly.

Going to use an Android tablet.

User takes picture that is set to save in a folder that is synced with google drive.

The lowest resolution on Tablet is 2048x1152 produces about a 1 MB jpeg.

I now want to reduce resolution to a Monitor View quality and reduced file size no printing needed. Get the picture size as small as possible to take up less disk space.

So I have a PC that periodically checks for any pictures showing up on drive and in specific folder using a script and schedule task.

If it finds pictures I wish to have it redo the resolution and then save the new picture in a different folder. Then I have not decided if to delete original or move it to another folder local to PC that will be set to retain images for 7 days and then delete. I can handle that script/task.

Can ImageMagick do this?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: automate process of pictures saved in folder are automatically reduced in resolution and saved in a different folder

Post by fmw42 »

Imagemagick can resize or change quality of images of images in one folder and put them to another folder. It can get the file size and you can write a script to decide if you want to resize or not.