Convert Unicode files to monospaced PDF files

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
rhouse
Authentication code: 1152

Convert Unicode files to monospaced PDF files

Post by rhouse »

I would like to convert a Unicode text file to a monospaced PDF file. Examples of input and desired output: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1096615 ... 4_1096615 .

I have tried a manual approach: display half of the file onscreen, take a screen shot (.png), then display the other half onscreen and take a screen shot. Use ImageMagick to convert the two png files into one PDF file. This sort of works, but the joint between the two screen shots is a bit rough, and sometimes the font sizes of the two halves differ. And, of course, this approach does not scale to processing many files.

I have just encountered the import command of ImageMagick, and I am wondering if it can be used programmatically to solve my problem.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Convert Unicode files to monospaced PDF files

Post by snibgo »

IM is a raster image processor. It can create PDF outputs with embedded raster images.

But your problem seems to be that you can't find a font with the characteristics you want, with genuine monospaced symbols. I can't help you there, sorry.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com