Windows 10 installation

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
vojo
Authentication code: 1152

Windows 10 installation

Post by vojo »

major problems

tried several distros for windows 10...portable, DLL, exe...all quarantined
released them and installed each...each says successful...but path/permission issues
Went to the directory, try to run the 2 commands, not found.
notes suggest picking up MS C++ DLL from the day before the earth cooled...(2013)

Why cant this be simple turnkey installation for windows at least!!!!

so far, this platform seems to be mess to even install let alone use
vojo
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Windows 10 installation

Post by vojo »

e.g. Be more like Python than a 1910 biplane...very frustrating
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Windows 10 installation

Post by snibgo »

Your comments are vague. Do you have any specific questions?

Installing a pre-built binary on Windows is easy and fast: download an installer and run it, answering some questions. See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php#windows

Installing from source is also easy but takes far more time. I use the Cygwin C toolset, including bash. The download is large (100MB or thereabouts) and compiling from scratch needs five commands and takes a couple of hours.

Most users don't need to build from source. If you want to use my process modules, you will need to build from source.

The procedures for v6 and v7 are the same, but with different downloads, obviously. To use v7, I suggest you use the command "magick". If you use v6, you will use "convert".
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com