Every tool crashes under windows xp

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Passavopercaso
Authentication code: 1152

Every tool crashes under windows xp

Post by Passavopercaso »

Hello
i have a thin client pc with xp home sp3 (via c3 cpu 1gb ram) and i was trying to use imagemagick to add a simple caption to a single image, but it seems that, no matter which tool i try to call, i get a crash with application error and code 1000, without further detail.
I installed c++ 2013 and tried both 7.0 and 6.9, portable and installed, with no improvements, the same thing happens on a different pc with the same setup, while everything works fine on a virtualized xp pro sp3.
Can somebody help me with my, admittedly archaic, device?

Thanks
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Every tool crashes under windows xp

Post by snibgo »

Last year I installed an binary IM on an archaic edition of Windows, I forget which one. It worked fine.

What version of IM did you install? A pre-built binary, or did you build it yourself? I suppose your Windows is for a 32-bit CPU, so did you check your IM was also for 32-bit "x86"?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Passavopercaso
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Every tool crashes under windows xp

Post by Passavopercaso »

I used a pre-built, both 6.9 and 7, each portable and installed (i don't have a visual studio environment installed and i'd really rather avoid all the setup :P)
The cpu is x86, i checked and the software is x86 as well