Setup IM on WAMP

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
Florian26
Authentication code: 6789

Setup IM on WAMP

Post by Florian26 »

Hello,

Sorry to my english, i'm french :/
I would like to install Image Magick with WAMP (last version) and Windows 7 to create my website before to setup it on 64 bits server.
I have'nt found rules to install it on the website... 0 are good :/
Someone can say me how i can setup this on Windows 7 64 bits ?

Thanks a lot !

Florian
Bonzo

Re: Setup IM on WAMP

Post by Bonzo »

Imagemagick or Imagick ( the Imagemagick API for php )?

I use XAMPP and just installed XAMPP and imagemagick and it worked. I use it with exec() and you can see some examples on my website - link in my signature.

Imagick is altogether different and requires the correct .dll file for the php version compiled with the correct version of Visual basic. I gave up as I could never get it to work; if you search the forum some others have posted the way they got it to work.
Florian26

Post by Florian26 »

Thanks to the fast answer!

So I suppose Imagick. I don't want GD but other librairy... it's with PHP yes, to upload image and create new (to securise the upload) and create thumbnail, resize (include animate gif).
It's better ImageMagick or Imagick ? I have a server, so i can configure it, it's not a problem (just find the good way ^^).
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Imagick can be a pain to install on windows - a server is probably easier although my hosts installed it for me.

As I said I use Imagemagick with exec(); I find it easier to use ( I can not get the hang of oop/classes ) and it has a lot more options. Imagick seems to have stagnated and you do not have as many options and there is less support.

I do have some very basic examples of the Imagick functions on my website as well.

Hope you get sorted.
Florian26

Post by Florian26 »

So ImageMagick ;). If it's better... i don't know this library. To class, i will create it, i have seen code on many website using exec, it's easy i think :).

I will try to install it later (lot of things to do). But : http://www.rubblewebs.co.uk/imagemagick ... /linux.php I must install Ghostscript to use ImageMagick on Linux (Centos/Debian/Ubuntu...) ? Or it's the alternative installation?

Good evening and thanks to this new hope to success ^^
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Ghostscript is required for any pdf work; if you are not using pdf I would think you could leave it off.
Florian26

Post by Florian26 »

Sorry to the late, lot of work.

Little return, XAMPP and ImageMagick with shell command is perfect !