both HDRI and normal package

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
broucaries

both HDRI and normal package

Post by broucaries »

Hi,

Could you provide a means to have both hrdi and normal package of imagemagick on one system.

It could be intresting to have both normal package for speed reason and hrdi.

However dual packaging are not easy because lib are not versionned on hrdi/not hrdi.

Regards

Bastien
magick
Site Admin

Re: both HDRI and normal package

Post by magick »

The most promising method to support both a HDRI and non-HDRI release of ImageMagick would be to build the releases static and installed to different folders with the --prefix and --disable-shared options to the configure command line. This method permits command line usage and development against each release (HDRI and non-HDRI).
broucaries

Post by broucaries »

Not really suitable for debian :( The goal is to release a convert-hrdi and a convert bin :)

But I agree it is solution for our user.
We do not expect a quick solution, I have asked here only in order to get idea :)

Moreover I should say that packaging hrdi binary will improve your testing communauty :) So it will be a good thing for you :)

Regards
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

If all you need is convert-hrdi, build it static and only release this binary (along with the standard non-HDRI distribution). It can use the standard ImageMagick configuration files normally located in /usr/local. You just won't be able to develop against the HDRI methods.