PDF to tiff not working

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
clabrecq
Authentication code: 1152

PDF to tiff not working

Post by clabrecq »

Hello I am entering

convert -density 300 DisabilityManagementGuide.pdf -depth 8 -strip -background white -alpha off out.tiff

as my terminal command line but I am getting the error
convert-im6.q16: no images defined `out.tiff' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3258.

I have looked up all the possible solutions but none of them have worked for me.

I am using Ubuntu 18
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: PDF to tiff not working

Post by fmw42 »

What version of ImageMagick? Your -background white does nothing. It is a setting and not followed by any operator to use that setting. If your pdf is transparent, then try

Code: Select all

convert -density 300 DisabilityManagementGuide.pdf -depth 8 -strip -background white -alpha background -alpha off out.tiff
or

Code: Select all

convert -density 300 DisabilityManagementGuide.pdf -depth 8 -strip -background white -flatten out.tiff
You need Ghostscript as a delegate to imagemagick when processing PDFs. Also there was a recent addition to the policy.xml file to restrict the use of PDF at the time there was a security bug in Ghostscript, which has now been fixed with the latest Ghostscript. So you need to edit your policy.xml file to re-enable the use of PDF. See https://imagemagick.org/script/resources.php