Change history that relates to Version/Release numbers

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

All changes since the release of 6.0.0 are related to the command line improvements discussed here: http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/graph ... s/#cmdline You won't find specific source code changes here but there is a discussion of how the version 6 command line differs from that of ImageMagick 5.5.7. Unlike the command line, the series 6 API is compatible with the ImageMagick 5.5.7 API. If you find otherwise, let us know.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Honestly, we have too much work and not enough volunteers on the project. If you would like to volunteer, we have a stack of things that need to get done and that would free up time for the primary developers to carefully track changes in the future as you suggest.
spieler

Post by spieler »

dmac wrote: That way, everybody knows when changes were made, and what one can expect from one release to another. Who else thinks this is a good idea?

I was also looking for a change log with the versions included.

Granted the developers are quite busy, but if they have to take time to update a website with each release, I cannot see how time consuming it would be to add a new release version to the top of the change log.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We will ensure version numbers show up in the ChangeLog from this point forward.
spieler

Post by spieler »

Yes, thank you Magick.

I also appreciate how Magick rethought their initial answers to both me and dmac. A little kindness makes it easier to support a great project to begin with!