Importing pixel mixing to avisynth/virtualdub?

Discuss digital image processing techniques and algorithms. We encourage its application to ImageMagick but you can discuss any software solutions here.
Katie Boundary
Authentication code: 6789

Importing pixel mixing to avisynth/virtualdub?

Post by Katie Boundary »

A long time ago, before I knew anything about interpolation or signal-processing or whatever, I tried to imagine what an ideal image-resizing method would consist of. The solution on which I settled - which apparently has been independently conceived of many times by many people - is known to you as "pixel mixing". I call it Grid Overlay resizing. After being directed to your Pixel Mixing page from the Doom9 forums, I also sometimes think of it as a trapezoidal filter.

Anyway, I do a lot of video-editing, and in particular I rely a lot on AVIsynth and Virtualdub. I'm a little bit disappointed that nobody has yet made a gridresize plugin for either program. Would anyone here be up to the task? You guys seem to be the only people on the Internet who'd actually know what I'm talking about but also have the technical competence to make it happen.
jmac698
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Importing pixel mixing to avisynth/virtualdub?

Post by jmac698 »

It can be done many ways. You could use ffmpeg to split a video into frames then resize each frame in image magick, or directly from avisynth with callcmd plugin or some such to externally process frames.