Linker errors using magick++ with visual studio 05

Magick++ is an object-oriented C++ interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick++.
magic_user1
Authentication code: 8675308

Linker errors using magick++ with visual studio 05

Post by magic_user1 »

Hello,

I just found out about this library yesterday and have been trying to get it to work with visual studio 2005. I downloaded the windows installer and installed it and also tried to compile the code to generate libraries. Both approaches did install some libraries but none of them would work with my project.

The following is the linker error I get,

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall Magick::Image::~Image(void)" (__imp_??1Image@Magick@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall picedit::OnBnClickedButton1(void)" (?OnBnClickedButton1@picedit@@QAEXXZ) picedit.obj

Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall Magick::Image::read(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_?read@Image@Magick@@QAEXABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall picedit::OnBnClickedButton1(void)" (?OnBnClickedButton1@picedit@@QAEXXZ) picedit.obj

Error 4 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall Magick::Image::Image(void)" (__imp_??0Image@Magick@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall picedit::OnBnClickedButton1(void)" (?OnBnClickedButton1@picedit@@QAEXXZ) picedit.obj

Any one has any idea about what I am doing wrong ? I have all my libs and dlls in a folder, the path of which is inside the linker properties.

Thanks in Advance
magick
Site Admin

Re: Linker errors using magick++ with visual studio 05

Post by magick »

You probably need to compile ImageMagick from source. ImageMagick binaries are compiled with VisualStudio 2010 and we suspect there may be a C++ name mangling issue. Perhaps not. Go to c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.7.2-6\Magick++_demo and click on the button workspace. Build and run. If that works, you can use the Button workspace as a template for your own custom project.
magic_user1
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Linker errors using magick++ with visual studio 05

Post by magic_user1 »

Thanks for the reply. I did try to compile the libraries from the source and still having issues. I looked at the demo button example and even though it compiles properly it crashes when run.

I tried to comment out some lines in the button example and now it shows a window about "Writing to button_out.miff" and crashes, below is the code which produces this error. Any suggestions on what I could be missing ?

Code: Select all

// Initialize ImageMagick install location for Windows
  InitializeMagick(*argv);

try {

string srcdir("");
    if(getenv("SRCDIR") != 0)
      srcdir = getenv("SRCDIR");

//
    // Options
    //

string backGround = "xc:#CCCCCC"; // A solid color

// Color to use for decorative border