Consultant needed to create auto crop program

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
autocropper
Authentication code: 6789

Consultant needed to create auto crop program

Post by autocropper »

I have a need for a program to automatically crop 300-500 images (jpgs) per day. The images are photographs of clothing hanging on a hangar against a white background. There is no requirement for the aspect ratio of the final cropped image. I just want the image cropped to (or near) the edge of the garment. Thanks.
Bonzo

Re: Consultant needed to create auto crop program

Post by Bonzo »

You should specify your operating system and preferred language. Also is this paid as this section is for paid consulting.
autocropper
Authentication code: 6789

Post by autocropper »

The operating system is Windows 7. At this point, I don't have a preferred language. I am certainly willing to pay for this service.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

autocropper wrote:I have a need for a program to automatically crop 300-500 images (jpgs) per day. The images are photographs of clothing hanging on a hangar against a white background. There is no requirement for the aspect ratio of the final cropped image. I just want the image cropped to (or near) the edge of the garment. Thanks.
Perhaps you should post a few examples. You can upload to some free hosting service such as dropbox.com and put the URLs here.

But the usual -trim ought to work
convert image -fuzz XX% -trim +repage result
see http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/crop/#trim
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

Trimming off a white background should be trivial. Unless the clothing is white.

This isn't as bad as making the background transparent, but the point is still true: if you have a better source than JPG, please use it. JPG is a useful output format, but should NEVER be used as an intermediate format.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com