PAID: Upload JPG to server that adds overlay, checks file specs

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
cjgg
Authentication code: 1151

PAID: Upload JPG to server that adds overlay, checks file specs

Post by cjgg »

We host a website that can have many backgrounds/skins submitted to run behind the content. However, we need an automated mechanism to determine the file meets a number of editorial and file specs.

I imagine the file specs piece is relatively straightforward - file dimensions, file size, file format. The editorial part is not. We have a translucent overlay that currently outlines the "safe" zones for marketing/messaging on our sites - within 170px of the site borders, 150px from the top of the site, etc.

I'd like someone to be able to upload the background skin, have this overlay placed atop the background skin for the person to then visually determine whether or not this meets our editorial requirements.

Looking for ideas on feasibility/costs.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: PAID: Upload JPG to server that adds overlay, checks file specs

Post by fmw42 »

You will need a PHP person to do the file upload and probably the file checking via PHP. The IM command to overlay is simple and can be put into exec() commands

Code: Select all

convert image overlay -compose over -composite result
Then PHP can display the image. For a PHP person who knows IM, this should not be too hard nor time consuming.

Sorry I am not that experienced with PHP. But other users are. See http://www.rubblewebs.co.uk/index.php
Bonzo

Re: PAID: Upload JPG to server that adds overlay, checks file specs

Post by Bonzo »

As fmw42 says this can be done with php which is all server side; this means the image would need to be uploaded, validated and then tested.

The testing could probably also be done with Javascript on the users PC which may look neater and the file would only get uploaded if the user is happy with it. php could then be used to validate the file and upload it to the server.

If you would like to discuss this further please send me a PM.