loop not working?

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: loop not working?

Post by fmw42 »

coloring wrote: 2017-06-14T17:44:39-07:00 ^ I don't process files individually, I need a setting that is functional for every gif, working loop without altering the animation speed

is imagemagick unable to do that?

-delay 0, does not preserve the original delay but tries to set it to zero. But each viewer may have its own minimal delay that it imposes. So it could look different on different viewers.

Your original file seems to have been deleted. So I cannot download it to test with it.

If I create a new animation in IM 6.9.8.10 Q16 Mac OS X.

Code: Select all

convert -delay 10 logo: logo: logo: logo: -loop 0 -layers optimize test_anim.gif
Delay: 10x100

Then process it something like yours, it does preserve any delay that has been set.

Code: Select all

convert test_anim.gif -gravity center -crop 50x50%+0+0 +repage -loop 0 test2_anim.gif
Delay: 10x100

So my guess is that your animation had no delay set in it. Therefore, when you converted it, it still had no delay set. Thus each viewer will impose its own minimum delay on the animation.