convert.im6: geometry does not contain image 'myImage.eps' @ warning/attribute.c/GetImageBound

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
thecobe
Authentication code: 1151

convert.im6: geometry does not contain image 'myImage.eps' @ warning/attribute.c/GetImageBound

Post by thecobe »

Hi all
i'm trying to convert a eps to a jpg
Ubuntu Version Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
ImageMagick version ImageMagick 6.7.7-10 2017-07-15 Q16

my command
convert path-eps/file.eps -trim +repage path-new-eps/new-file.eps

but i get this error

if i run it on my machine it's working fine also without +repage

Any suggestions?
thanks
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: convert.im6: geometry does not contain image 'myImage.eps' @ warning/attribute.c/GetImageBound

Post by fmw42 »

Please post your EPS file to some free hosting service that will not change the file format (such as dropbox.com) an put the URL here, so we can text.

I have heard that there have been some bad Imagemagick patches on some Linux systems. So you might inquire if there is a more patch.
snibgo

Re: convert.im6: geometry does not contain image 'myImage.eps' @ warning/attribute.c/GetImageBound

Post by snibgo »

thecobe wrote:but i get this error
That's not an error, but a warning. Perhaps the image was a solid colour, so "-trim" would make an image 0x0. IM then issues a warning and returns a 1x1 image.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
thecobe

Post by thecobe »

Hi
here two images
http://www.logo-b2b.com/image1.eps
http://www.logo-b2b.com/image2.eps

Snibgo i don't have any image 1x1 returned
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

if i run it on my machine it's working fine also without +repage
What version is your machine running?
I have heard that there have been some bad Imagemagick patches on some Linux systems. So you might inquire if there is a more patch.
I had problems and found the linux versions of Imagemagick are patched from old versions with the date changed. You will notice from this "ImageMagick version ImageMagick 6.7.7-10 2017-07-15 Q16" you think you are running an up to date version but in fact you are running a version I would guess at least 4 years old that has been patched.
The patches may miss out some updates. I had a problem with a similar version and when my hosts updated the version manually to a 6.9 version the problem went away.
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

When I download your images, they become PDF files and do not maintain EPS. Please use a hosting provider that will not change the format of your EPS files or zip encapsulate them first. Try dropbox.com for example.
thecobe

Post by thecobe »

Hi fmw42 you can find images here
http://www.logo-b2b.com/epsimages.zip

Bonzo, i'm using a Dreamhost VPS and imagemagick version i wrote come from command "identify -version"
As you can understand i cant' update versione because i'm not a sudo user. i can only ask to support service about it
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

I have tested on IM 6.9.9.12 Q16 Mac OSX and your command works fine for me

Code: Select all

convert image1.eps -trim +repage tmp.eps
Note that IM is not a vector processor. So it will read your eps and rasterize it. Then trim. Then write the raster image into an EPS vector shell.

If you are having trouble with your patched 6.7.7.10 2017-07-15 Q16, I would contract your administrator and see if there is a later patch. I have heard that some patches were buggy and had to be rewatched. If this does not work, then your Linux distro is not being patches properly.