tile offset

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
mirrorworld
Authentication code: 1152

tile offset

Post by mirrorworld »

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is a bug, or if someone can help.
I have a piece of code that's trying to offset, then floodfill a tile into a simple square ( i'm really making a picture frame, but this is just to test the offset, as it didn't seem to work..)

I'm writing the code in ASP classic, which seems to work fine apart from this issue, after a success pass I require a app pool recycle between actions, to make the code work again.
am i simply missing a parameter or is it a bug ?

This works from a command line, no problem and repeats happily.

convert xc:#0cc6de[250x250!] -tile-offset +0+20 -tile tile.gif -draw 'color 1,0 floodfill , frame.png

but this won't from a web page call more than once without a recycle of the app pool

test =img.convert("xc:#0cc6de[250x250!]","-tile-offset","0+20","-tile", tile.gif ,"-draw", "color 1,0 floodfill", frame.png)

running 7.0.7-21 Q16 x64 on win 10 IIS-10

any Ideas ?
Thanks Guys
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: tile offset

Post by snibgo »

I don't know what an app pool is, or what recycling it does.

Most of your arguments are quoted, but the filenames are not. Why not?

The geometry argument to "-tile-offfset" should start with a plus "+".
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

Thank for the reply
Application pools are used to separate sets of IIS worker processes that share the same configuration and application boundaries. Application pools are used to isolate web application for better security, reliability, availability and performance, and they keep running without impacting each other. However in this instance one of the processes seems to be stop or jammed by an Imagemagik process, possibly the -file-offset or may be the IIS process is not being released properly by my wrong use of IM coding ???

Sorry for the missing "+" it is the the original code .

Which files names are missing ?

I'm attempting to following the example on the IM usage page

convert frame_template.gif \
-tile blackthin_top.gif -draw 'color 1,0 floodfill' \
-tile-offset +0+105 -tile blackthin_btm.gif \
-draw 'color 15,105 floodfill' \
-transpose \
-tile blackthin_top.gif -draw 'color 1,0 floodfill' \
-tile-offset +0+135 -tile blackthin_btm.gif \
-draw 'color 15,135 floodfill' \
-transpose \
-gravity center thumbnail.gif -composite frame_filled.gif
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

I didn't say filenames were missing. I said they were not quoted.
mirrorworld wrote:test =img.convert("xc:#0cc6de[250x250!]","-tile-offset","0+20","-tile", tile.gif ,"-draw", "color 1,0 floodfill", frame.png)
Can you see that? tile.gif and frame.png are not qoted. So some languages won't realise these are string literals, and may think they are variables.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

Sorry for the confusion, they're actually in the code as variables and therefore unquoted, but for the purpose of showing the code I added the file name, but then forgot to quote them, Doh....