[SOLVED] miff across version numbers

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

[SOLVED] miff across version numbers

Post by snibgo »

The miff file format sometimes changes from one version of IM to another. That's fair enough.

However, when a miff is generated by one version and read by another, if the format has changed the file will be silently mis-read. No error is raised, but the result is wrong.

Can this please be changed, so that miff files are never silently mis-read?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
magick
Site Admin

Re: miff across version numbers

Post by magick »

We include a version # to retain compatibility across changes. We likely missed something. Post a URL to a MIFF image that cannot be read properly by the latest release of ImageMagick and we will investigate.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: miff across version numbers

Post by snibgo »

It seemed that writing floating-point depth 32 miffs with 6.9.0-0 were correctly read by 6.9.5-3 but mis-read by 6.9.9.40. My miffs were too large for me to upload.

However, changing my scripts to make small miffs, I can't reproduce the problem with small miffs or large ones.

I guess there was a bug in my scripts that I have accidentally fixed. Weird, but life is sometimes weird. I'll mark this as solved.

Thanks.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com