New Functions for MagickWand?

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

New Functions for MagickWand?

Post by anthony »

Question is their some way of extracting, or cloning a single image from a MagickWand with a multiple image list? I can't seem to find it!

There seems to be a need to map the various Image List operations into MagickWand. Things like -delete -clone -duplicate -swap -insert. The -delete being different to the MagickRemoveImage() function as it can delete ranges of images, or even all the images in a image list.

Though I suppose MagickAddImages() can handle -insert even though it 'inserts' images after the current image, rather than before a specific image index.

Perhaps we need to implement a MagickInsertImages() function to 'complete' the job.

What do you see as missing from MagickWand?
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
el_supremo

Re: New Functions for MagickWand?

Post by el_supremo »

I assume you can create a new wand, set the iterator in the source wand to the required index and then use MagickGetImage.

Code: Select all

tw = NewMagickWand();
MagickSetIteratorIndex(mw,i);
tw = MagickGetImage(mw);
Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: New Functions for MagickWand?

Post by anthony »

Thanks. I figured there was something, just didn't know what that was.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/