[SOLVED] RegistryKeyLookupFailed when using the DLLs without having ImageMagick installed

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
bbigras
Authentication code: 6789

[SOLVED] RegistryKeyLookupFailed when using the DLLs without having ImageMagick installed

Post by bbigras »

If I take the DLLs from my ImageMagick-6.9.0-3-Q16-x86-dll installation and ship them with my executable to another computer I get the following error :

Code: Select all

Could not open image "—": RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' @ error/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/662
If I understand correctly, ImageMagick needs to be installed with the setup so the lib and extra files will be findable with a registry key.

Is it possible to ship the files without having to install ImageMagick with the setup? I tried to set the MAGICK_HOME environment variable but I'm not sure it's used for this.
Last edited by bbigras on 2015-01-09T13:33:44-07:00, edited 1 time in total.
dlemstra

Re: RegistryKeyLookupFailed when using the DLLs without having ImageMagick installed

Post by dlemstra »

You can use 'MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH' for this.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate
bbigras

Re: RegistryKeyLookupFailed when using the DLLs without having ImageMagick installed

Post by bbigras »

It works perfectly. Thanks!
mail2vguna

Re: [SOLVED] RegistryKeyLookupFailed when using the DLLs without having ImageMagick installed

Post by mail2vguna »

Hi

Same error i am getting.

Where can i set MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH is it in environment variable?

Please send the screen shot or help me how to do that.

Regards
Guna
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: [SOLVED] RegistryKeyLookupFailed when using the DLLs without having ImageMagick installed

Post by fmw42 »

It is an environment variable. See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/resources.php. Put it in your .profile as one way using export.
Luyen
Authentication code: 1151

Post by Luyen »

Hi there,

I got the same error.
I have set MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH but it only work with windows.
How can I fix with Mac Os x?

Thanks!
Thank you
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

In your Mac, edit your .profile or .bash_profile file in your home directory to export MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH. I do not use it, but here is my .profile on my Mac OSX snow leopard.

Code: Select all

cat .profile

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2011-11-30_at_14:35:14: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.

export PATH="${PATH}:/Users/fred/Applications/ImageMagick-Scripts/bin:/Users/fred/Applications/ImageMagick-Scripts/bin/Instagrams"
export DISPLAY=:0
export GDFONTPATH=/Library/fonts/
export TMPDIR=/tmp
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
export MAGICK_FONT_PATH=/Users/fred/
see also http://legacy.imagemagick.org/script/re ... nvironment