WinXP dynaloader error messages

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
fish79

WinXP dynaloader error messages

Post by fish79 »

Tried to install Imagemagick/Perlmagick on two Windows XP machines and failed.

Perl: ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004-MSWin32-x86-287188.msi
ImageMagick: ImageMagick-6.4.9-2-Q16-windows-dll.exe

Always get this error message (on both machines):

Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.dll' for module Image::Magick: load_file:Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 202.
at C:\ImageMagick\PerlMagick\demo\demo.pl line 5
Compilation failed in require at C:\ImageMagick\PerlMagick\demo\demo.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\ImageMagick\PerlMagick\demo\demo.pl line 5.

Where's the trick?
MFM

Re: WinXP dynaloader error messages

Post by MFM »

I'm afraid I don't read German, but I recognise that line number "202". Try here and see if that doesn't help. I think I may have had the same problem as you (certainly I've just done the same thing - ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004-MSWin32-x86 and ImageMagick-6.4.9-3-Q16-windows-dll.exe), and that MS download solved it for me.

HTH,
MFM
fish79

Post by fish79 »

Thank you, but I tried this already without success. Meanwhile I switched to Imager and I'm very happy with it. Installs via packet manager and works without problems. I can do all I need. I invested several days installing perlmagick. The only working perlmagick was downloaded from bribes.org/perl with ppm. But this is an old version of imagemagick and serveral functions I need are buggy (e.g. setpixel).
MFM

Post by MFM »

Good that you've solved your problem... odd that you had it in the first place though. In case anyone googles this, I was using the PerlMagick that came bundled with the ImageMagick-6.4.9-3 Win32 distribution (ie _not_ installing it manually through ppm, though I did try that when it was failing for me, and Image::Magick-6.4.9 failed for me also). Also checked with ``perl -V'' and ``convert -version'' to ensure the expected versions of the applications were on my PATH and ran separately (they did).

Happy Imaging,
MFM (^_^)n