$image->Get('transparent-color') Fail?

PerlMagick is an object-oriented Perl interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning PerlMagick.
WindedHero

$image->Get('transparent-color') Fail?

Post by WindedHero »

Try this.

Code: Select all

($transparent_color, $width) = $image->Get('transparent-color','width');
For some reason when I do this, $width is null and $transparent color is the image's width. Any ideas?
magick
Site Admin

Re: $image->Get('transparent-color') Fail?

Post by magick »

We applied a patch to fix the problem you reported. It will be in the ImageMagick subversion trunk sometime tomorrow. Thanks.
WindedHero

Re: $image->Get('transparent-color') Fail?

Post by WindedHero »

I've found some others that seem to be platform-specific (or maybe they just didn't exist in an older version of imagemagick).
I'm running Windows XP Pro with Apache 2.2.11 and ActivePerl 5.10.0 Build 1005 and imagemagick 6.5.4 Q16.
My other web server is hosted by network solutions;
I don't remember if it was linux or windows based, but the version for that one is ImageMagick 6.3.3 03/31/08 Q16.
I changed how I gather the variables to individial get() requests to each variable available according to the docs.
The script I've got is pretty basic. It does read(file), setattribute(magick=>jpeg,quality=100), strip(),normalize(channel=>all), does a ton of math and then uses Resize(), and then write() to file.

Here are the variables that return null in the winxp/imgmagick 6.5.4 platform:
Directory
Geometry
Montage
Transparent-color

Here are the variables that return null in the unknown/imgmagick 6.3.3 platform:
Area
Directory
Disk
Geometry
Map
Memory
Montage
Page.X
Page.Y
Total-Ink-Density
Transparent-Color

I've also noticed that annotate() does not work with 6.3.3. Is there some equivalent? Unfortunately I cannot update Network Solution's version of imagemagick so I can only make due with what is available in 6.3.3 on that server.