VB: Progress Information

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
KillaH425

VB: Progress Information

Post by KillaH425 »

I want to make a label box that would inform the user that the script is still running as it takes a few minutes. My program creates a panaromic JPG as big as it can (only 80 wide because of the 65500px width limit). I use the command "convert Output1.jpg Output2.jpg ... +append OutputFull.jpg" and I tried using -monitor but it only monitors the saving of the image which takes like 2 seconds but the first 1-2 minutes I'm assuming it is opening the files and actually appending them and saving to memory or something. That is what I want to track, basically just the beginning of the process and when it's done, is there any hook I can use? I know there is some way in C++ to do it probably using the monitor.h function and I wouldn't mind doing it in C++ but I started in VB. Also, I noticed there is a way to combine like filenames when using append like the example

Code: Select all

convert dragon_long.gif  '(' font_{0,0,6,2,9}.gif +append ')' \
          -background none   -append   append_parenthesis.gif
on http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/layers/. I tried using that with just appending my files, so Output{1,2,...}.jpg and it gave me an error that it didn't recognize the filename literally. Any thoughts?

Thanks