Can magick++ do everything the command line can?

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
darlingm
Authentication code: 6789

Can magick++ do everything the command line can?

Post by darlingm »

Are there things you can do using the command line, that Magick++ doesn't have a (good) way to do? Is it just a case of searching for the "different" way to do it?

I'm not talking about some obscure technicality, but real-world things you'd run into with more complex processing, like converts spanning quite a few lines with quite the image sequence. You obviously give up the idea of an image sequence - other than that.

-clone becomes: Image clonedImage = otherImage; // efficiently uses counted references as much as possible
-repage becomes: image->page(Geometry(0, 0, 0, 0));

But, are there command line things there isn't a Magick++ equivalent to, or that its equivalent is so burdensome you'd seriously want to start considering making some system calls to the command line instead?

Trying to figure which way to start development. I generally prefer API's, but don't want to head quite a bit down that path to find I wish I hadn't. Granted, I can see the command line will be much more compact!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Can magick++ do everything the command line can?

Post by fmw42 »

But, are there command line things there isn't a Magick++ equivalent
I think the answer is yes. They are not fully compatible with respect to all the command line commands. But if you find something you need, request it and it will likely be implemented.